It’s hard to sum up an experience in under 200 words.
This is all I can think about right now, as my mind tries to wrap around the idea of writing an abstract for a conference. I need to encompass the experiences we’ve had so far with our WordPress system – why did we bring it in? who was involved? what was it supposed to do? how has it evolved? where are we moving with it?
The point-form topic is almost more than 200 words!
It’s funny to think back on the beginnings of a system, to see what the challenges were in comparison to now. It’s also nice to be able to say that along with whatever road blocks we’ve come across, we’ve been able to get over them and have some really rewarding experiences.
After such a rich experience, it’s hard to narrow down the topics to a few talking points. It’s hard to know which areas to drop from the topic – they all seem so important now!
Just a quick brainstorming of possible topics, trying to ignore the technology itself, for my own reference:
- Why did we bring in x? What needs were we trying to fulfill?
- Why did we choose this particular product, as opposed to one of its top competitors?
- What were the initial challenges faced, and how were they resolved?
- How has the service/system evolved since implementation?
- What are some of the greatest rewards?
- How do we see the system/service evolving over the next year?